Big Shoulders Fund Plus
Building on nearly 40 years of impact, Big Shoulders Fund Plus is a 10-year $70 million investment to
foster a new model rooted in innovation and collaboration with school leaders.
Through a historic agreement with the Archdiocese of Chicago, Big Shoulders Fund has taken on greater leadership in working with 32 Big Shoulders Fund Plus schools. This builds on our existing relationship with these schools and provides increased operational support to help best meet the needs of students, families, and the broader community. Big Shoulders Fund Plus provides access to a network that shares best practices, attracts and retains talented teachers and principals, and provides support and resources that allow schools to serve more students and ensure long-term success.
Big Shoulders Fund and its supporters made this unprecedented commitment in recognition of the exceptional value Big Shoulders Fund schools provide to families and the important role they play in the community, and to ensure a viable and vibrant future for schools with demonstrated need.
View an overview of
Big Shoulders Fund Plus.
Support this initiative through a
Press Coverage ↗
Read press coverage in
Crain’s Chicago Business.
To find out more about Big Shoulders Fund Plus contact Amy Drozda.
The schools included in this agreement, and the community area they serve, are:
- Academy of St. Benedict the African
- Augustus Tolton Academy (Park Manor)
- Children of Peace School (Near West Side)
- Epiphany Catholic School (South Lawndale)
- Holy Angels School
- Leo Catholic High School (Auburn Gresham)
- Maternity B.V.M. School (Humboldt Park)
- Most Blessed Trinity Academy (Waukegan)
- Our Lady of Grace School (Logan Square)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe School (South Chicago)
- Our Lady of Tepeyac Elementary School
- Our Lady of Tepeyac High School (South Lawndale)
- Pope John Paul II Catholic School (Brighton Park)
- Queen of the Universe School (West Lawn)
- St. Ailbe School
- St. Angela School
- St. Ann School
(Lower West Side)
- St. Catherine/St. Lucy School (Austin / Oak Park)
- St. Ethelreda School (Auburn Gresham)
- St. Francis de Sales High School
- St. Gall School
- St. Genevieve School (Belmont Cragin)
- St. John de la Salle Catholic Academy (Roseland)
- St. Malachy School
(Near West Side)
- St. Margaret of Scotland School
- St. Mary Star of The Sea School (West Lawn)
- St. Nicholas of Tolentine School (West Lawn)
- St. Philip Neri School (South Shore)
- St. Pius V School
(Lower West Side)
- St. Sabina Academy
- St. Sylvester School
- Visitation Catholic School (Back of the Yards / Englewood)
You must be logged in to post a comment.